Monday, May 24, 2010

The teacher was fierce,
her look was scary,
we had no choice
but to listen intently.

The clock slowly tick away,
ever so slow.
My stomach was groaning with hunger,
and it was one more minute left, RECESS!

The aroma of fried rice
wafted into my nostrils,
and into my stomach it goes!

Back to class,
and study!
Droaning of teacher's voice,
and the unbearable heat in class.
BOREDOM!

At last the bell rung,
carried my bag,
and home sweet home!
The bag was heavier, much heavier,
with tons of homework in it.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yi Wei, I like your poem very much. Good use of vocabulary in the whole poem. I like the point where you stressed the words RECESS and BOREDOM.
    By stressing these two words, I know that you are looking forward to having recess in the second stanza and that the fourth stanza is about how boring the lesson is.
    I have noticed that you have used "and” at the start of some lines. No offence but this is a poem and I do not think you should be using "and".
    Anyway, I hope you can improve and well done!

    ReplyDelete