Monday, May 24, 2010

Poetry

There is another sky by Emily Dickinson

There is another sky,
Ever serene and fair,
And there is another sunshine,
Though it be darkness there;
Never mind faded forests, Austin,
Never mind silent fields -
Here is a little forest,
Whose leaf is ever green;
Here is a brighter garden,
Where not a frost has been;
In its unfading flowers
I hear the bright bee hum:
Prithee, my brother,
Into my garden come!

This writer uses hyperbole method, like “another sky”, “another sunshine”, “ever serene and fair”, “leaves are ever green” and “unfading flowers”. All this words are sort of exaggerating and that is why it is hyperbole. The poet uses this method to write this poem because he or she wanted to invoke an emotion or a language to the reader.

I like this poem because I feel that I really can understand what the writer is trying to tell us. This also means that the poet has succeeded in his work. I always loved nature, and the poet wrote all the little things that he or she observed in nature though that may not be the point which he or she is trying to tell us. This poet also described the garden as if a heavenly place and all the sentence which she writes flows very naturally. Therefore, among all the poems, I like this poem most as it is short and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment