Saturday, January 30, 2010

(Diary of Mrs. Maloney from "Lamb to the slaughter" by Roahl Dahl)
Dear diary,
I'm very tired today. Not only tired, but also sad, disappointed, shocked, and most of all, confused. Why did all this things happen to me??? How am i going to live from today onwards??? Oh, what am i going to do??? Hope that you will listen to all the things that happened today.
I killed somebody, dear diary. But i don't seem to regret. Why??? Am i becoming a cold-blooded murderer???Sigh, i just feel that all the things are over.
I loved and hated that person. He seems to be a nice person, but when i get to know him, he seems to be those kind of irresponsible jerk, that took love as a kind of game. Don't you know him well, dear diary???
I was waiting for my husband this very night, excited and happy. Today, I had gone for a check-up and the doctor said that i was pregnant!!! I was sure that my husband would be extremely happy when he know that we would soon have a baby.
"Brroommmmmm!!!"I heart pounded hard and fast. My husband was back. Just as i expected, i heard a key turning on the lock and a tall, big figure walk in the door. A detective, he was.
"Hi darling!"I told him and kissed his cheek."Let me take off your coat, will you?"
"No."His voice was cold and hard. From that instant, I feel that something is wrong. Usually, he was not like that. Maybe he was tired, i thought. Then I poured him whisky and said,"Darling, you are tired, aren't you?"He kept quiet and stared blankly outside the window, into the dark. Then he gulped down his drink. "Should i pour another bottle of drink..."I asked sincerely.
"I'll do it." he said. He stood up."No, I'll do it." I said."I can do it."he said in a firm tone."Now, darling.I think it is going to be quite a shock to you.I hope you wouldn't get angry."
An affair with another woman!!! I was totally flabbergasted. I felt dizzy. NO, he must be joking. I lied to myself."You must be joking, darling?"I forced a bitter smile. But he shook his head.
"I would make your supper."As i walk into the kitchen, I felt as if the sky is falling. My husband even lied to me!!!He told me that he had conference daily, and I actually suspected him and started to question him but i actually believed him. I thought that we still had love in each other. I thought...
I took out the frozen lamb leg and took it out for my husband. And I saw him packing up. "Don't go!!!"I feel as if the world is falling apart and i am actually crying and begging my husband. "Try to stop me."He seems to be a totally different person now. A cold and heartless creep. He did not even turn around and talk to me and continued packing. Simmering with rage, I finally boiled over. I walked up straight to him and "WHAM!!"
And he was dead. Lying there on the ground, he was stone-dead.
Now, i start to figure out that trouble was brewing. Police would come!!!
Being a detective's wife, I knew exactly how the police did their investigation. First, I rehearsed in a mirror so that I wouldn't sound suspicious, then i needed to find an allibi. I went to the grocer to buy some vegetables and when i went home, I made a mess in the living room to make the scene look like a fight, i threw my bag of groceries down and screamed as loudly as possible, hoping my neighbours could hear me. Secondly, I placed the lamb into the oven. Then, I called the police...
In a jiffy, the police came. The policemen were trying to find out who the murderer is, looked for clues and the weapon used for killing. The police searched everywhere, then finally came to the oven.
"You are hungry, right?Would you like to have some lamb chop and coffee?" I asked the policemen. After some agreement issues, they agreed as I beautiful lamb leg and served it with coffee to the policemen. While eating, the words that i would never forget is, "We searched the house, and what if the weapon was right under out noes!"
Diary, am i evil???Have i done wrongly???Anyway, thank you for letting me pour out all my misery to you. Hide yourself properly!!!
Love, Me.

1 comment:

  1. haha, the best way to hide the entry is to burn it. So why write it in the first place 0.0

    ReplyDelete